Monday 5 November 2012

Spotlight - Fashion Films - Day 7

Today's fashion film features the SS13 collection of womenswear fashion brand Xsenia & Olya.







It’s a dream like film that reminds me of the Rhianna music video ‘We Found Love’ in the sense of the style. Directed by Gareth Phillips, it features the music of Warts and voice-over of Joel Butler.


I love the spring summer feel of this film, it makes you believe that you can wear these pieces within your daily life and be comfortable and stylish. I really like the scene where the girl is in the field with the flare, its shows the fun and playfulness of this collection.

Below is a scene shot of my favourite piece from the film, I really like the softness of the digital prints used within this collection.



Xsenia & Olya is a collaboration between designers Xsenia Runa and Olya Shishkina who met while studying at Central St Martins. They are hailed as today’s most exciting emerging womenswear brands due to the use of striking digital prints and geometrical forms within their collections.


What do you think of the video and Xsenia & Olya's SS13 collection? What are your favourite pieces?

I hope you have enjoyed reading my post and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. 





The girl! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share