Saturday 5 January 2013

Behind the Look - I like mine.....raw!


You may remember reading my post where I shared with you that my editorial shoot for Factice magazine was featured on fashionserved.com, well today I am sharing with you my 'Behind the Look' feature that will show you how we created this editorial.

On this shoot I worked with photographer Marianne Paraskeva. I love working with Marianne as she has strong ideas and is very easy to work with. She has a calming effect on everyone around her which makes her a true professional and a pleasure to work with.

For this shoot we wanted to create something that was powerful, strong and fierce. We took influence for this from the amazing Grace Jones as she is everything we wanted this shoot to be about.

GRACE JONES BY ANDREA KLARIN IMAGE SOURCED FROM  TRENDLAND

Amazing make up and hair stylist Bunny Allen who I work with a lot did a fantastic job on this shoot. The sculptural hair styles that she created were amazing and we had so much fun making the model Rebecca's skin colour darker. While we were doing this, it reminded me of the famous photo taken by David LaChapelle of Pamela Anderson called 'Miracle Tan'. It shows Pamela in a tanning booth turning orange which is running down her white body.

MIRACLE TAN BY DAVID LACHAPELLE IMAGE SOURCED FROM TEENIDLEX

Our models James and Rebecca from D1 Models had some incredible chemistry on set and really killed each pose that they made. The photos were amazing and the teams energy was an all time high when we had finished shooting and all stood around the computer to view our hard work. Below are some of behind the scenes photos from our shoot.














I used some amazing designers for this shoot and the pieces used really set the powerful feeling that we were trying to achieve. Katerina Ferrari dresses and fur jacket was beautiful and dramatic. Boutique Alter Ego harness add edginess to Katerina’s dresses and their beautiful beaded feather shoulder piece added softness in a powerful way. James worn amazing pieces by Crystal McFarlane that feature laser cut tops and James Hilman’s suiting offered powerful structure with angular shapes. 



I hope you have enjoyed my blog!
Another blog coming soon so please stay tuned!


The girl! x


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3504638/girl-behind-the-look?claim=5upd7xgmzcf">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share