Monday 5 November 2012

Halloween 2012

Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year! It’s a time for me to get my creative juices flowing by coming up the perfect Halloween outfit. For the last 3 years I have always hosted a themed house party and when I say themed, I mean in the sense that it is something that is taken very seriously.

Year one was a UV Halloween party, we decorated the house in UV lights. The photos below show our efforts for this theme.




Being heavily influenced by vampires that year, I dressed up as a vampire bride.




Year two the theme of the party was a tiki Halloween theme and the voodoo and punch was in full flow while I dressed up as a dead Carmen Miranda.

Photo taken by Emily from howlermagazine.co.uk

Photo taken by Emily from howlermagazine.co.uk

Last years theme was a bit of a disaster as a UFO crashed into our house and the FBI took over. I’m sure you have all guessed that our theme was sci-fi and we turned half the house into a space ship which used a lot of tin foil and had an alien dissected which held the food. I dressed up as the air hostess from the film ‘The fifth element’.

Photo taken by Emily from howlermagazine.co.uk

Photo taken by Emily from howlermagazine.co.uk

This year I was invited to the Idol Magazine Fear and Fashion Halloween Party with my friend and the photographer that shot the cover of Idol Magazine latest issue Michael Furlonger.

I decided to dress up as the Mexican traditional Day of the Dead (Día de los Muerto). Below shows my make up and also a photo of me and Michael (far right) at the party.


Photo taken by Emily Arabadjian for Idol Magazine  

All other photos from the night can be found on Idol Magazine blog or Facebook page


I can not take all the credit for my make up, not really having any idea where to start I sort help and found the most amazing tutorial from venusocean. Check out her videos, she does make it look easy but she really is an artist. Here is the one I used.




I hope that you all had a great Halloween and I would love to hear what you all dressed up as.


the girl! x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share