Friday 19 October 2012

Spotlight - Fashion Films - Day 6

Today’s film is called Eva & Doug Go on Holiday and is by David Longshaw.




You maybe sat there after watching this film thinking ‘what does this animation, have to do with David Longshaw’s SS13 collection?’; I know I was but it was only earlier this week when I attended Felicities press show, where I had the chance to see his SS13 collection in real life that it all suddenly made sense to me.

This animation looks to tell the viewer about the story of his inspiration behind his collection and I can tell you that this is really cleverly done as the set as well as the characters all feature within David’s prints.

Below is a screen shot of David’s SS13 collection taken from his website.


For me I love the fun and playfulness of David’s collection. Each piece is edgy and can be worn for a fun day at the seaside or for an evening out with friends. Below are two of my favourite pieces from the collection.




What do you think of the video and David Longshaw’s SS13 collection? What are your favourite pieces?

I hope you have enjoyed reading my post and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Remember to join me tomorrow for another fashion film.





The girl! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share