Wednesday 21 August 2013

Spotlight - CFW SS14 Collections - Barbara I Gongini - Menswear

You may have checked out the runway video for fashion designer Barbara í Gongini’s  SS14 collection that was shown at CFW (please check it out here if you missed it) in yesterday's post. Today I am going to share with you all my thoughts on the menswear collection.




Graduating from Denmark’s Design School, Institute of Unica Design in 1996 and her work takes a commercial yet minimalistic approach exploring functionality in design.
  



For SS14, Barbara continues to uses a monochrome colour palette as she has for the past few seasons. Multi layering was key for the collection and inverted layers created fluid lines and shapes while stretched tops and shirts added fresh silhouettes.





I really love the trousers that have pocket shapes over layers on as this is something that has not been around. I also think that the collection is very easy, looks comfortable to wear and could easily translate in to a man wardrobe to become a key piece for their lifestyle.



What do you think of Barbara's menswear collection. Do you have any favourite pieces?



I hope you have enjoyed today's post and please also check back tomorrow for my thoughts on her womenswear collection.


The girl! x

ALL IMAGES VIA COPENHAGEN FASHION WEEK



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share