Sunday 21 July 2013

Girl Behind the Look - Queen’s Coronation Festival at Buckingham palace

Last Sunday I had the chance to attend the Queen’s Coronation Festival at Buckingham palace.

It celebrated the Queen’s 60th anniversary of her coronation and was hosted by the Royal Warrant Holders Association. This was a unique event as it brought all the warrant holders together in one place and what amazing place this was.

Queen’s Coronation Festival at Buckingham palace.

I had the chance to see some amazing British Heritage within these grounds and some of companies had been supplying the royal households with goods or services for over 200 years.


Vintage Jaguar

At the bottom of the gardens there was a collection of Jaguar and Bentley cars that had been supplied to the Queen over the years when she was on trips or had events.

Vintage Bentley
Vintage car mirrors attached  with leather straps to the wheels of this beautiful car.

These were beautiful and as you can see I managed to have my photo taken next to one. It was my favourite one at the event as it is a true vintage car and I could just imagine the Queen and Prince Philip travelling down the British country roads in it with style. 
Me showing my vintage style off.

Like every girl, when I was invited to this event I started to panic about what I was going to wear. So I opted for this cream 1950’s style dress with beautiful bright blue flowers on. I teamed this up with a vintage cream bag and my favourite bright blue shoes. My cream glittery Max and Co sunglasses completed my look and protected my eyes in style.
The gardens and Buckingham Palace in the background.
The lake in the middle of the grounds.

The gardens within Buckingham Palace are beautiful and the event was full of people exploring the grounds and marquees full of products that they could purchase. Many people (including me) were even embracing the beautiful British sunshine by having picnics and the all time British favourite drink, Pimm's.
Hooray indeed! 
Me enjoying the sunshine and my Pimm's picnic

I had a great day there and it was truly a unique experience that made me once again proud of my British heritage.


I hope you have enjoyed my post.

Check back soon for another post!

The girl! x

All images by Girl Behind the Look 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share