Wednesday 20 February 2013

Spotlight - London Fashion Week - Talent Scout - Runway Collective

As many of you know it has been London fashion week and this year I managed to get a few invites to some of London new design talent.


Today I am sharing with you photos from ‘Runway Collective’ that showcased two new designers Nihan Buruk and Janucha.



Nihan Buruk


  
Nihan graduated in 2007 from Yeditepe University and looks to cement the questions drawn from within the dark side of the world in an avant-garde but rebellious style throughout his collections.


I love the powerful statement of masculine but yet feminine mixture of textures within this collection. The sharpness of tailored trousers teamed with leather biker jackets, basket ball jackets and oversized hood jackets with leather detailed panelling offers an edgy savvy-ness to any women’s wardrobe.




Janucha


Janucha is designed by fashion designer Jale Hurdogan, who named her brand after her nickname that her family liked to call her by. After much persuasion from her friends and family she launched her own line in 2009 after studying at ‘The School of the Art Institution of Chicago’ and gaining experience working for leading fashion brands in Turkey.



Janucha has used lots texture for her AW13 collection mixing chiffons, woollen fabrics and knits. When looking at her collection you can sense the 1920’s influence from the use of lace and art deco inspired panel detailing which I find an inspiriting era.



Below you can watch the film from the show.




My favourite collection is by Nilan as I love the mixture of power tailoring with the street edginess. 

What do you think of Nihan and Janucha’s collections? Which is your favourite collection? I would love to hear your thoughts.

I hope you have enjoyed my post.

Check back soon to for another post!

The girl! x

All images by Girl Behind the Look

2 comments:

  1. So jealous...next year I'm tagging along with you.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome to join me! LFW is always great x

      Delete

Share