Wednesday 30 January 2013

spotlight: Vivienne Westwood and English National Ballet Collaboration

I read the other day that Vivienne Westwood has joined forces with the English National Ballet and as a fan of Vivienne’s work I really wanted to check this out. 

IMAGES VIA VOGUE.COM

Vivienne has loan pieces of her work to the new campaign that has rebranded the website and logo.

"I am thrilled that Vivienne Westwood has agreed to let us use her clothes in our first campaign, it's a dream come true to be able to collaborate with someone of such stature.  Her designs capture the creativity and ambition of our dancers who, in turn, add drama and movement to the clothes."

Quote by ENB artistic director Tamara Rojo via Vogue.com


IMAGES VIA VOGUE.COM

I am a big fan of ballet and I think that it great that Vivienne is supporting this campaign as her outfits are always beautifully theatrical.

I love these images; they set the scene for how beautiful a ballet production can be. The drama, grace and beauty of a ballerina have been translated in the elegance of Vivienne’s designs. 


IMAGES VIA VOGUE.COM

What do you think of these images and Vivienne joining forces with the English National Ballet?


Check back soon to for another post!



The girl! x


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is my absolute favourite kind of collaboration (NY does it too sometimes). So beautiful and creative and inspirational!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that NY do it as well you will have to let me know when they next do it. These images are really beautiful, I love them! x

      Delete

Share