Sunday 14 October 2012

Spotlight - Fashion Films - Day 2


Today’s film is called Moon Goddess and features the jewellery collection of Julia Burness.



Set in the woods the vanishing and reappearing with jewellery goddess explore them to find jewellery pieces at selected point along her journey to the altar where she harness energy from the Sun in order to complete her mission to balance both the Sun and Moon energies on Earth.

I think this film is beautiful and the dream like innocence reminds me of the forest scene in Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ which I believe is the perfect setting to complement Julia’s Jewellery.


Taking vintage lace from local marketplaces, Julia then casts these using recycled metals to create what I can only describe as beautiful metal lace. The definition of the lace patterns is amazing and can be seen in the forms of rings, cuffs, earrings and necklaces.

Below shows a scene capture of one my favourite piece from the collection, I love the shape of it with the delicate detailing of the lace.


All of Julia’s collection is hand made and wanting to remain eco-friendly she creates her pieces of jewellery using only recycled metals or fair trade gold which once again goes back to what I was talking about in yesterday’s post.

What do you think of the video and Julia’s collection? What are your favourite pieces?

I hope you have enjoyed reading my post and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Remember to join me tomorrow for another fashion film.




The girl! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share